The last time I was able to bring the family to New York City and check out a Broadway show was two years ago. I love Broadway shows. I just never get enough time in NYC to see them. Anyway, we spent hours waiting in line to buy good tickets. We did get great seats but at full price. I commented afterward that there must be a better way.
Fellow entertainment blogger and Broadway producer Ken Davenport has created a better way. Of course using an iPhone app called At The Booth. People who attend shows in NY all know about the TKTS booth. This is the booth in Times Square where you can find discounted tickets to those days shows. Ken and his team’s app gives you the scoop on what is offered at the TKTS booth plus what is playing on and off Broadway. From his blog; here are highlights of what the app offers
At The Booth™includes:
- A list of all the shows available at the TKTS® booth and at what price (both in dollars and percent off – 50%, 40%, etc) updated throughout the day!
- A “line indicator” that tells you how long the line is!
- A full directory of all the shows on Broadway and Off-Broadway, whether they are at The Booth or not, including cast lists, photos, videos, and more!
- A full directory of all of the theaters in NYC, including maps!
- Links to reviews of all the shows!
- Links to full price tickets and discount tickets, just in case your show isn’t at the booth!
- And more!
This is a great example of reacting to our changing world and our customers needs.